If you are thinking of giving a new life to your home gate but you do not know how to do it, with this guide you will be able to understand how to move and to realize your desire in a practical and fast way.
How to automate a swing gate
Indice dei Contenuti
The automation of the swing gate may seem like a small whim but, in reality, it proves to be a great help in speeding up daily actions.
To understand how to automate your entrance, we must first understand what type of gate is in the house and which motor fits best.
Swing gate: types
Let’s start by explaining which are the two hinged door macro categories currently on the market:
1) Single leaf swing gate
This type of gate has a single leaf that rotates on itself, does not have any obstructions in the central stop but takes up a lot of space when opening.
2) Swing gate with two leaves
This type of gate opens by rotating the hinged doors on a fulcrum, either outwards or inwards. The advantage of this gate is certainly the much more sudden opening than the single leaf gate.
Once you understand which typology is in your home, you can proceed with choosing the best motorization method.
Yes, but what are the right motors for my swing gate?
As the title says, this guide will explain what types of motors are available on the market for the automation of your swing gate, in total there are 4:
- linear motors;
- articulated motors;
- hydraulic motors;
- underground motors.
– The linear motors are equipped with the best technology with ball screws, which guarantee high speed with medium-high power thrust performance. They are typically used as an alternative to hydraulic or pneumatic systems.
– Articulated motors are ideal for automating swing gates even with large pillars. The application behind the column makes the motor almost invisible from the outside of the gate, an excellent solution for those who do not want to affect the aesthetics of the outside.
– Hydraulic motors are generally the cheapest in their category, but no less reliable. They offer high torque and low speed performance while taking up very little space. In orbital hydraulic motors the rollers are hydrodynamically supported, reducing friction to a minimum and ensuring long life and high performance even at high pressures.
– Underground motors differ in their sturdiness and discretion, in fact they are almost invisible. This type of motor maintains the aesthetics of the entrance unchanged and adapts to all types of gate. This solution is also perfectly suited to condominium gates that require an important amount of work.
VDS Automation: always on the side of our customers!
Once you understand which motor is right for you, all that remains is to contact the best in the installation sector, who? VDS Automation of course!
VDS Automation has been in the window and door sector for over thirty years and, thanks to the accumulated experience and the training of its constantly updated professionals, will be able to interpret all your needs and turn them into reality, or rather, into the motorized gate of your dreams.
Contact our assistance center to list all your requests and doubts about it, or use our direct contacts by calling +39 085 4971946 or by sending an email to email@example.com.